Monday, January 5, 2015

Today - January's Modified Present Participle List

Wow, its been 6 months since I've done an update - perhaps a modified list is in order.

Outside My Window: This winter cannot decide what it wants to do. Snow on Sunday and 55 degrees and windy today. It is either 10 degrees or 45 here this year!

Eating: Starting out the year pretty well. Five months of primal eating and feeling great. So many more veggies and rarely any grains or legumes.  Still #teamwhiterice in this family or I might get hung but everyone is adjusting pretty well to the meals I make as long as there is popcorn and wheat free cereal or oats in the pantry. Down 20 lbs. since August and my skin is clear and hair is thick.  Sleep is so much better too!

Reading:  So happy with my reading success last year. The digital selection from our library is really great and having book club every 2 months gives me a reason that I must read. This puts me into a habit so that I stay caught up which usually gets me an extra 2 books in before book club rolls around again. Plus, continuing to read with the boys regularly ensures that we have down time together.  Currently reading: My Life in France by Julia Child, The Blood of Olympus (#5), and Homespun Mom Comes Unraveled. Just finished Daring Greatly (a must read), The Look of Love by Sarah Jio (always love her books), and The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown which was a beautifully written book. As my mother in law says - "WWII and the Pacific NW, how can you go wrong?"

Working: Having such a hard time getting back into the groove of work after the holidays.  Glad I am doing Leadership Tri-Cities this year to help learn about our great community and do great things in it. I do feel like I need to work hard on my personal mission and figure out what I want to do with my life. Darn that economic security! I'd prefer to go back to school or drop out of the workforce completely and homestead but alas, neither is really an option without major risk taking. And those risks affect so many more than just me so I'll just continue to find the passion in the work that I do. So grateful that I CAN do that!

Listening: Haven't really fallen for any new music lately.  I've been listening to lots of podcasts and even an audiobook. Josh had a download that needed to be used so I bought Eat the Yolks by Liz Wolfe. Highly recommend (audiobook or real book) if you are interested in debunking the garbage science that we've been fed regarding our food (and its actually a light read).

Planning: Need a getaway with my hubby! Would love sunny, sandy trip somewhere to celebrate our 15th year of marriage.

Feeling: Like I'm getting to know myself this year. Enneagram, Meyers Brigg, monthly work for Leadership Tri-Cities, bi-annual counseling appointments, reading and exploration...its all contributing.

No comments: